Public speaking

Aww man,my tongue is itchy, oh no, i might be allergic to something, i need to take a check up.

Hello, my name is Liam Mordel and I will be talking about annoying allergies.

My three main points are, What is an allergy , what you can do to prevent from getting an allergy, What are the kinds of the reactions you can get. 

let’s begin!

What is an allergy?(PAUSE) An allergy is when your immune system reacts to a specific food or pollen, bee venom or pet dander.(PAUSE) These things can cause allergic reactions. This happens because either you have not eaten this food (if it’s a food) or bee venom, But bee venom contains proteins that will affect your skin cells and your immune system making sometimes pain and swelling even, if the person is not allergic to bees. It won’t be as worse as the person who does have an allergy to bees.

Another thing, can you just develop allergies on the spot?(PAUSE) Well Allergies can just develop at any time in your life, However they can start unexpected as an adult, Hypothetically  let’s say your parents have an allergy to something, that can give you a bigger chance of developing one in any time in your life. Fun fact, between 10% and 30% of the population of the world has an allergy.

Back to the story, when he goes  to take a check up the doctor he asks “what have you eaten that caused this reaction?” He says “Cashews” “ok, we need to do a test” “what’s the test?” “ so we have a tray, the tray has spikes on them,The spikes are hollow to let the liquid be inside when they touch your skin, the liquid of each type of nut is going to touch your skin” “but what happens when it touches the skin?” “ there is going to be a rash, but don’t scratch it until you go home, then go to the shower and just rest until the rash just fades away”(PAUSE

What can you do to prevent getting an allergy?(PAUSE) First thing, if it’s a seasonal allergy, you can go get an allergy shot, it may be a pain, because you need to get the shot twice a week for three months, after you’ve been doing that for three months, you get an allergy shot every month! (This works because it makes you challenge the pollen so your immune system will be stronger to pollen)

Plus, this makes you overcome your fear of needles,(PAUSE) Second choice, you can just keep on eating the food (this works to help you to prevent the allergies, so your immune system can develope of being not allergic to this food, So try to eat all the foods before it’s too late! “unless if it’s a food you don’t like”) that’s how i got my allergy(PAUSE)

Back to the story, AGAIN, when the spikes touched his skin, he saw all the liquid touch his skin. He felt the itchiness after 30 seconds, There was three, one, hazelnut, Tree nuts, Cashews,

After about 7 minutes, he looked at three of them. He asked “why does cashews look like Texas, Hazelnut look like octopus? and the tree nuts on my left arm are HUGE!?”

The bigger it is, the more dangerous it is to your immune system, so don’t get near tree nuts, OR ELSE IT CAN KILL YOU, But if you get a reaction take an epipen, use it when you have a reaction. Take off the cap dab it in your thigh for 7 seconds and call the ambulance, The medics will do the rest of the work.

Speaking of reactions.

I have to finish saying my last paragraph about REACTIONS.

The most common reaction is runny nose, Sneezing, itchiness, this is called “Rhinitis”

itchiness, red eyes, watering eyes, this is called “conjunctivitis”

Those are some of the common allergic reactions, now let’s get in A DANGEROUS one. There is one when your throat closes in slowly, and when it closes fully you can’t breathe, That means you need to use your epipen. When you dab it in your thigh you wait seven seconds, This Medication acts on the whole body which blocks the progression of the reaction. Then this gives you more time to breathe and let the ambulance come to you. This Adrenaline lasts for about 30 minutes, The epipen will expire in about 18 months but the max is 3 years. (PAUSE)

In conclusion, allergies can be dangerous and threaten your life. But in the end, if you take care and monitor them, you will be completely fine. Thank you for listening to my presentation.